Most customers want to put an end, as soon as possible, to the damage being done to their lawn by the pest animal. Yard Gard is designed with optimum ingredients and ingredient concentrations, which enables Yard Gard to start being effective in 1 to 14 days after the product’s application and the first watering session; the duration of the product’s effectiveness will be for months.
- One to two weeks is the normal time period for the oils and particulate ingredients to be moved downward and through the soil and thereby in place to condition the animal to avoid the treated area.
- The type of soil in your lawn is also a factor in the time period it take for the oils to reach the desired depths, it could be from 1 day and up to 14 days.
- Normally, at the amount and concentration of ingredients used in Yard Gard, it takes several months to deplete all of the oils from inside the product pellets. But as we mentioned, many customers want the product to act even faster.
- There is a balance between the time period it takes to drain the oils from the pellet and the time period of the effectiveness of the Yard Gard product.
- The product’s effectiveness can be accelerated by increasing the amount of water being applied to the lawn after the application of the product.
- For example: If you water your lawn daily, instead of the two times per week as prescribed on the package and since water is heavier than oil, water will enter the pellet and push the oils out of the pellet and into the soil quicker, thereby increasing the concentration of the effective oils and ingredients in the soil.
- As we mentioned above, there is a balance between time to deplete the oils in the pellet and the time period of the effectiveness of the product; this extra watering may somewhat shorten the life of the effectiveness of the product, but you should still have months of effectiveness.
- This increase of concentration of the ingredient into the soil will condition the animal to avoid the treated area and leave sooner.